IPG strips pH 6-10
Available in 7cm, 11cm, 17cm, 18cm and 24cm lengths by Serva Electrophoresis
Use the narrower pH range IPG Strip pH 6-10 for greater resolution of slightly acidic to basic proteins. The narrower the pH gradient range per strip the better the resolution. Very narrow or micro-range gradients allow for even greater resolution since there is more migration distance between proteins.
Standard, broad-range pH gradients (pH 3–10 linear and nonlinear strips) will reveal the greatest number of proteins, and will accommodate a larger sample volume. Use a non-linear gradient if you suspect a large number of proteins. In a non-linear broad range such as pH3-10, the middle pH range (pH 5-7) is more spread out than in linear ranges allowing for greater resolution.
SERVA IPG Strips are dried PAG gel strips containing an immobilized pH gradient for high resolution isoelectric focusing in 2D gel electrophoresis analysis of proteins. The polyacrylamide gel matrix is covalently bound to 3mm polyester GEL-FIX™ film for stability. Additionally, a non-binding cover film (GEL-FIX™ for Covers) protects the gel from damage and contamination. Each gel strip has its own lot number printed on and, therefore, is suitable for documentation according to GMP/GLP.
- Consistent performance - 12 strips per package, same lot
- Reliability - accurate casting procedures ensures lot-to-lot reproducibility of pH gradient
- GMP/GLP conformity - each strip has its individual lot number coded on it
- For best results, rehydrate with convenient SERVALYT™ carrier ampholytes
- Gel Matrix: Polyacrylamide, 4%T, 3%C
- Gel Backing: Polyester Film