SERVAGel™ N Native Gel Starter Kit
All you need to discover more...with Native PAGE.
Protein analysis is often performed by SDS PAGE, a denaturing technique. Denaturing conditions are not suitable for native state multi-protein complex analysis. But, native proteins can be analyzed by Blue or Clear Native PAGE.
Þ Blue Native (BN) PAGE
- No change in protein structure
- Creates negative protein-dye complex’s
- Migration is pI independent at physiologic pH
- Use Serva Blue G or Coomassie brilliant blue
Þ Clear Native (CN) PAGE
- No anionic dyes used
- Method of choice if analysis is dye sensitive
- Separate proteins with pI <7 at physiological pH
- pH dependent net charge of proteins determines migration
- 4 Precast Native PAGE Gels: 2, 3 - 12% & 2, 4 - 16%
- 250 mL 10x Native Anode Buffer for BN/CN (cat. no. 42535)
- 250 mL 10x Native Cathode Buffer for BN/CN (cat. no. 42536)
- 50 µl SERVA Native Marker Liquid Mix for BN/CN (cat. no. 39219)
- 10 x 10 x 0.7 cm format, with 8 x 8 x 1mm gel dimensions
- Fits most popular tanks: Biophoretics, Scie-plas, Hoefer, Invitrogen
For more information please go to "Downloads".